Water on Materials Surface 2018
International Symposium of Water Frontier Science & Technology Research Center, TUS
25th ― 27th July 2018 Tokyo, Japan
Thanks to many kind supports of the participants and their cordial collaboration, WMS2018 ended successfully. It became a great opportunity for the W-FST members to exchange the ideas and opinions with the lecturers and participants on the common challenging topics of multiscale water behaviors on materials surface.
WMS2018 is just a starting point of our future collaboration. We hope that every participant collaborate with us to tackle the common challenging topics for deepening science and advancing technologies.
On behalf of all of the W-FST members
Chair for WMS2018
Director of the W-FST Research Center @ TUS
International Symposium on Water on Materials Surface 2018 (WMS 2018) was held from 25th to 27th July, 2018 in Tokyo, Japan. The main topics of this symposium were revealing and designing characteristic local structures and dynamics (wetting and flowing) of water on natural substance and /or artificially designed materials surface. This symposium provided researches the opportunities to present their latest research results and exchange novel ideas from the multiple and interdisciplinary viewpoints of material science, mechanical engineering, and new spectroscopic and analytical techniques including micro fluidic devices.
This symposium was hosted byWater Frontier Science & Technology Research Center in Tokyo University of Science.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Local structure of hydrated water on materials surface and its relation to their various functions.
- Wetting and Flow dynamics on natural substance and/or artificially designed materials surface.
- New techniques for the measurements and flow dynamics of water on materials interface.
- State of art computer simulations of water structure and dynamics on materials surfaces.
※ Presentations should be for academic purposes, not for commercial purposes.
- Kao Corporation
- Springer Nature
- Kyowa Interface Science Co., Ltd.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Organo Corporation
- LIXIL Corporation
- Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- HORIBA Advanced Techno, Co., Ltd.
- JEOL Ltd.
- Keisoku Engineering System Co., Ltd.
- Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.
- Mizuho Information & Research Institute, Inc.
- Toyo Bijutsu Printing
- Shinonome, inc
- The Surface Science Society of Japan
- The Spectroscopical Society of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research
- The Japan Society for Analytical Chemistry
- The Japan Society of Fluid Mechanics
- Japanese Society of Tribologists
- The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
- The Heat Transfer Society of Japan
- The Chemical Society of Japan
- The Society of Polymer Science, Japan